Champions League Achtelfinale: Roma - Lyon

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Champions League Achtelfinale: Roma - Lyon

CL Achtelfinal Hinspiel
      ROMA 0 : 0 Lyon

:herz: :forza_roma8: :herz:

Ach naja. Habs live auf Premiere gesehn. Wir haben gefightet bis zum abwinken. Lyon hatte nicht wirklich Chancen (wir auch nicht). Nur schade das wir spielerisch nicht wirklich was gerissen haben. Hoffen wir auf das Rückspiel, was wir aufjedenfall gewinnen können!
      Being a Roma fan is a full-time job. A full-time job without pay, benefits or means to sanity.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von amantinooo ()

• Juninho hits out at ref
      Wednesday 21 February, 2007
      Gerard Houllier is content with the stalemate at the Stadio Olimpico, although Juninho Pernambucano criticised referee Mike Riley.

“Clearly I would have preferred a goal, but the draw was the right result and, considering it was at the Olimpico, we can consider this a positive outcome,” said the Lyon Coach after holding Roma 0-0.

“The tie lasts 180 minutes, so we’re only halfway there, even if we have a small advantage with the decider on home turf. It’s possible we’ll have Karim Benzema, Sylvain Wiltord and Alou Diarra back for that match.”

Olympique Lyonnais are always at the centre of transfer talk, but Juninho and Florent Malouda have pledged their future to the club.

“Juninho is our captain and it’s important to know he’s staying at Lyon, as he has become a symbol for this club. Will Malouda go to Fiorentina? His contract is with us, I really doubt that!”

Juninho was, as expected, their most dangerous player in this Champions League clash and one of his free kicks was deflected on to the upright.

However, the Brazilian was also one of 11 players booked by English referee Riley – a record for this competition, matching that set by Dick Jol in 2000.

“I’m satisfied with the result. The referee perhaps was a little fussy and gave too many bookings. It’s a shame we didn’t score an away goal, but we hope this result will still be a positive step towards qualification,” said Juninho.

“We compliment Roma for their performance and the draw was the right result. Maybe we were a little slow at times, but we were concerned that the Giallorossi would hit us on the break. The pitch was in good condition – better than you find in France at this time of the year.

“Roma were a little surprised by the way we started, as we closed down Daniele De Rossi – the centre of their play – and made it difficult for them to really get moves started.”

Achja. Der letzte Abschnitt ist sehr geil. Der einzige der wirklich komplett ausgeschaltet wurde war doch Juninho. Das fiese Drogenkind!
      Being a Roma fan is a full-time job. A full-time job without pay, benefits or means to sanity.
    • Ein paar Stimmen zum Spiel:

Amantino bets against Lyon

Amantino Mancini had one of Roma’s best chances to score tonight, but maintains they are the favourites to knock out Olympique Lyonnais.

“We didn’t play as well as usual. Lyon were very solid in defence and we struggled to break into their area,” admitted the Brazilian following the 0-0 draw.

“The team was extremely nervous in the opening 20 minutes, as it was an important game at a level many of us have never played before, and that affected our performance.

“Nonetheless, the qualification is still up for grabs and we didn’t concede an away goal, so if we go to France and play better than tonight, we can get our result.”

This means that a score draw or victory in France will be enough to see the Giallorossi through against Gerard Houllier’s five-time Ligue 1 winners.

“Lyon are an aggressive side that always double up their marking. Their experience counts for a lot in this competition, but we have a clean sheet and when in these situations before Roma always brought the best out of themselves.”

Although the visitors came closest to a goal when Juninho Pernambucano’s free kick was deflected on to the upright, Mancini is confident it will be a different matter at the Stade Gerland.

“I trust we can do better in the second leg, as Lyon raise the tempo on home turf and that leaves space at the back. This is what we thrive on and I think we can hurt them in France.”

The former Venezia player nearly went off during the first half, but struggled on through an injury.

“I felt a muscular twinge that troubled me throughout the game, but with such a crucial tie you want to grit your teeth and continue. Unfortunately, that really damaged my performance.”

There were also three very tight offside decisions – one which was incorrect with Mancini clear on goal – though he remained philosophical.

“I got the feeling I was on side and got very angry with the linesman. However, it has happened and there’s no point complaining about it now. We must focus on the second leg.”

channel4.com

Spalletti saw below par Roma

Luciano Spalletti admits it wasn’t a vintage Roma performance against Lyon, but insists it is not a bad result.

“I am satisfied with the lads’ performance. We were a little penalised by the state of the pitch, as we have players who are very attacking and it wasn’t easy for them to play at their usual tempo on a slippery field. Lyon were more muscular and suited the conditions more,” he said of the 0-0 draw played in the driving rain.

“We have our way of interpreting football that is made of counter-attacks, but also an aggressive midfield. I believe it was an open game, even if there weren’t all that many scoring opportunities, as neither side wanted to concede in such an important situation.

“We got a 0-0 draw at home, but I don’t think Lyon are advantaged for the second leg, as the stadium influence is minimised at these levels.”

It was certainly a tense encounter, as English referee Mike Riley handed out a total of 11 yellow cards.

“The referee did very well and had a balanced approach to the incidents in this match,” assured Spalletti.

In last night’s game at Celtic, Milan Vice-President said a 0-0 draw away from home was ‘the most negative of the positive results,” so how did Spalletti feel on the other side of the coin?

“This is the most positive of the negative results, then! I consider this a good scoreline and overall I am happy with it. Lyon had a very good start and we struggled with the tension of the occasion, but we slowly relaxed and played our part.

“There were a few misplaced passes and we often tried the cross-field ball, allowing Lyon more control than we would have liked.”

channel4.com
    • Mexes eyes Roma advantage

Philippe Mexes and Matteo Ferrari think that if the defence can repeat its performance against Lyon, Roma will reach the quarter-finals.

“Lyon aren’t in great shape at the moment and it’s a shame we took the wrong approach in the first half with too much tension and a lot of free kicks. We showed more desire and focus after the break,” said the French international.

The 0-0 draw at the Stadio Olimpico means both sides need a goal at the Gerland if they are to qualify, but Mexes believes this gives the Giallorossi the upper hand.

“I think the second leg will suit our characteristics more, as Lyon like to attack on home turf and that will give us space to run at them.”

Teammate Ferrari was drafted in as a late replacement when Cristian Chivu failed a fitness test and was pleased with the 0-0 scoreline.

“While we don’t concede, then we’re always in it! It was important to keep a clean sheet, even if we didn’t play the kind of game we perhaps wanted to, but Lyon are a talented side.”

The entire Roma camp has acknowledged this was a stern test of their experience in Europe.

“We were very tense stepping out there and this could well be the most important match of the year for us, so for the first 20 minutes we stayed back a little and studied our opponents,” continued Ferrari.

“I always try to be ready when called upon, though it’s not easy when you don’t play consistently, but I realise I play for a big club and you can’t always have space.”

Zum Zzahl! Es war auf jedenfall das Maximum was in der CL erlaubt ist oder?
    • Original von principe
      für olympico ja.. für CL nein .. in barca waren 98.200

also 75 000 sind auch für CL VIEL!

in mailand(inter+ac) dürfen eh nur 40 000 sein...

bayern+arsenal auch "nur" 60 000...

eindhoven+pool+lyon+lille(lens)cfc um die 45 000...celtic+manu+valencia+porto auch 60 000.

nur real und barca ham mehr plätze, allerdings keine stimmung, bloss mal ein "oleee"

ohne zweifel is in rom die "besondere" stimmung, das hat sogar der deutsche tv komentator bemerkt.klar sind die briten immer gut dabei, aber die geschichte(erstes mal 1/8 finale)bereitet aaabsolute gänsehaut bei den römern...war echt ne unfassabare stimmung gestern!!!
      ICH WILL, ICH WILL, ICH WILLLL !!!

* TOR DES MONATS WAHL *

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Aeroplanino ()

• Totti predicts Roma success

Roma captain Francesco Totti believes that they can still progress in the Champions League, despite being held to a goalless draw by Lyon.

The Giallorossi hosted the French champions at the Stadio Olimpico on Wednesday, but were unable to take advantage of the home leg of the second round clash.

“Qualification is still open – I believe a goalless draw is a good result and I think we can do well in Lyon,” said Totti.

“They are a strong side, but I think we were able to handle the difficult situations we faced in this match,” continued Il Pupone, who admitted that winning the Champions League is his dream.

"I have won the Scudetto and the World Cup, but I’m missing the Champions League, the Coppa Italia and finishing the season as the top scorer in Serie A.

“Ever since I started playing football my main aim has been to win the Champions League,” concluded Totti.

Teammate Simone Perrotta is also confident that Roma can do well in France, although he is aware that it will not be an easy task.

“The first leg wasn’t a very nice match, with few shots, but they are a great team and we managed to balance out the game after the first 20 minutes in which we suffered,” explained the world champion.

Das würd ich unserem Capitano auch sehr gönnen. Aber dazu fehlen uns einfach die Mittel denke ich :/
    • Original von Aeroplanino

ohne zweifel is in rom die "besondere" stimmung, das hat sogar der deutsche tv komentator bemerkt.klar sind die briten immer gut dabei, aber die geschichte(erstes mal 1/8 finale)bereitet aaabsolute gänsehaut bei den römern...war echt ne unfassabare stimmung gestern!!!

welcher deutsche kommentator?
      haben die auf dsf nach dem spiel noch mal ne zusammenfassung gebracht oder wie?