Lyon 0 - 2 AS ROMA

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• BOHA! Ist das geil. Hab gerade noch aufm Heimweg im Auto gejubelt. Jetzt schön Antonello Venditti - Grazie Roma !
      Habt ihr Inter gesehn? Gut ich muss zugeben, diesmal war echt der von Valencia Schuld. Er haut ja wirklich wie in einer Discoschlägerei! Aber trotzdem. Diese Deppen. Gerade Cruz und inner Kabine noch Cambiasso. Die Gauchos (?) sind das größste Gesocks!
      Being a Roma fan is a full-time job. A full-time job without pay, benefits or means to sanity.
    • Achja wie geil war Amantino heute wieder? Wieso ist der nur so verdammt launisch. Auch Totti war wieder supergeil. Trotzdem ist für mich Spieler des Tages Philou. Der war so motiviert und hat so geil gestanden und alles dicht gemacht!
      Being a Roma fan is a full-time job. A full-time job without pay, benefits or means to sanity.
    • JAJAJA HIER AUCH! Wäre ja geil :D
      Das wird das 1. mal sein, dass ich den Bauern die Daumen drücke!

Amantino's school of stepovers

Amantino Mancini has talked fans through his extraordinary goal against Lyon and insists the win is a turning point for Roma.

“It’s an important goal and one that required both technique and strength,” said the Brazilian of his wonder strike in the 2-0 victory away to Olympique.

“We knew this was going to be a tough game, as Lyon are an excellent side, but Roma were almost perfect tonight. Everyone deserves praise for the part they played.”

He gathered a cross-field pass from Francesco Totti out wide on the left and made Squillaci dizzy with almost half a dozen stepovers before unleashing a left-foot strike into the near top corner. It still wasn’t his personal best, though.

“I managed to do a move on Valerio Bertotto in Udinese-Roma where I did eight stepovers, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to score!”

Now the Giallorossi have eliminated one of the favourites and are in the quarter-finals for the first time since losing the Final to Liverpool in 1984.

“We hope this can be a turning point for the club, as it’s not easy to reach the Champions League quarter-finals.

“Roma are doing very well in Europe this season and hope to maintain this tempo. It’s also an answer to the critics, as we have been torn to pieces by the Press and proved our true worth today.”

They may be 16 points adrift of leaders Inter in Serie A, but Mancini insists this will change the way they are viewed in the Champions League.

“I believe this victory will give us some important strength, as to beat this Lyon side will make everyone look at Roma differently on the European stage.”
    • Totti sets sights on Final

Francesco Totti believes Roma can go all the way in the Champions League and hopes to face Milan in the quarter-finals.

“These are evenings you don’t forget,” said the captain after scoring in the shock 2-0 victory away to Olympique Lyonnais.

“We had to come here and achieve something extraordinary and we did that, proving Roma are a great squad who really wanted to reach the next stage.”

The Giallorossi were undoubtedly the underdogs going into this tie against Gerard Houllier’s men, who are on track to win a sixth consecutive Ligue 1 title.

“We were convinced of our own strength and have the players who can trouble any opponent on the day. I am happier with the team performance than my own. If we leave the field to applause it means we have done well.”

Totti may be a World Cup winner with Italy and taken the Scudetto with Roma, but the Champions League has always eluded him.

“This is the first time I’ve reached the quarter-finals, so it feels great to be in the top eight teams in Europe. If I had to make a choice, I’d like to face Milan. I hope they go through first of all, so there’ll be another Italian there, but I’d be even happier to take them on in the Final!”

Er Pupone netted with a diving header before setting up Amantino Mancini’s scintillating strike and he thinks they can continue to amaze.

“Playing with this consistency and at this level, then we can believe in the Final. However, we have to keep focused and take it one game at a time.”

This goal at the Stade de Gerland must go down as one of his most important at club level, but not quite top of the tree.

“My goal in Madrid, where an Italian club had not won for decades, was my favourite. It wouldn’t be bad to pick Real in the next round, either!”

The draw for the quarter-finals will be made on Friday. So far the other qualified teams are Valencia, Chelsea and Liverpool, who eliminated Champions League holders Barcelona on away goals despite losing 1-0 at Anfield Road this evening.

ch4.com
    • Spalletti answers Roma critics

Luciano Spalletti says this quarter-final berth is an answer to Roma’s critics and hailed his players for a heroic display.

“You can say this was a proof of maturity from the squad. They stayed calm from start to finish and scored two fantastic goals. They were also perfect in not falling for the provocation that Lyon were trying on our players. There were some fouls that could have been avoided.”

The Giallorossi were held 0-0 at the Olimpico, but overturned expectations to win 2-0 away to favourites Olympique Lyonnais.

“We had a few draws recently in Serie A, but this was most definitely not a crisis. We are still second in the table and notching up results consistently. These lads have done what they needed to – and more – but some smartypants likes to suggest they are failing or having problems. I won’t accept this kind of talk,” snapped the Coach.

“When there is talk of failure if you lose one game, I find that excessive. Roma played well and won the tie deservedly, so there’s no need to go into other areas beyond the field.”

Francesco Totti opened the scoring with a free header from Max Tonetto’s intelligent cross, but the captain turned provider for Amantino Mancini’s magnificent individual effort, complete with almost half a dozen stepovers to turn Squillaci inside out.

Marco Cassetti was also particularly impressive, despite the fact he was only a last-minute change for the flu-hit Christian Panucci.

“Cassetti did well in the game and especially to be ready in the warm-up despite being told he would be on the bench if Panucci recovered. To play with such enthusiasm and commitment even in that situation, he deserves praise.”

Yet Spalletti’s men are trailing by 16 points in Serie A to an Inter outfit that were eliminated by Valencia this evening.

“Inter have shown a maturity and belief in their own abilities they have never had before. It’s a large gap, it’s true, but that is down to Inter’s extraordinary season rather than Roma’s mistakes.”

ch4.com
    • ich werd alle Hebel in Bewegung setzten, um an Karten zu kommen, sollte es gegen Bayern gehen. Meine Schwester arbeitet bei E.On Bayern, ich kenn ein paar aus nem Fanclub.....irgendwie wird sich da schon irgendwas ergeben....zur Not muss halt ebay oder der Schwarzmarkt herhalten ^^
      "OVUNQUE TU SARAI......"
      S.P.Q.R.

• Hmm. Ich denke wenn wir am Freitag oder spätestens am Montag die Karten bestellen würde (nur wo?), dann sollte das kein Problem sein oder? Kann man nicht einfach beim Bayern Ticketshop anrufen und für die Auswärtskurve ein Ticket organ?
    • Rosella dedicates Roma triumph to Papa Sensi

Roma executive director Rosella Sensi has dedicated last night's victory at Lyon to her father and the club's president, Franco.

"This victory goes to him, to Papa, for everything he has done and is doing," said Rosella. "And then to all my family and also those close to us.

"The Champions League quarter finals are not a goal but a stage, which a team as competitive as ours deserves.

"To be among the final eight of Europe is deserved on merit, we're there fairly. But now we want to go further."

tribalfooball.com

Süß :*

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von amantinooo ()

• Original von tottifan84
      selbst wenn das mit karten nicht klappen sollte, da bayern ja als einziger deutscher verein verbleiben sollte, wird das bestimmt im TV übertragen! :D

Naja im TV hab ich bisher auch jedes Roma Spiel gesehn. Das ist ja dann öde :P
      Soviel ich weiss überträgt auch Premiere die Auslosung live. Es wird sicher auch nen Liveticker auf Eurosport.de geben ;)