Champions League Viertelfinale: Roma - Manu

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Gary Neville auf Seiten ManUs wird übrigens auch fehlen.

Cristiano Ronaldo war für das heutige Portugal-Spiel gegen Serbien gefährdet, weil er sich im Training was zugezogen hat, spielte dann aber doch, sogar das ganze Spiel. Sowas ist ja nicht grad das beste und bleibt vielleicht nicht ganz ohne Folgen ...

BELGRADE, March 27 (Reuters) - Cristiano Ronaldo is doubtful for Portugal's Euro 2008 Group A qualifier in Serbia on Wednesday after injuring his left heel in training.
    "At this time we don't know if he (Ronaldo) will play," team spokesman Onofre Costa told reporters on Tuesday. "He sprained his heel.
    "It doesn't look very serious but we are not sure if he will be fit."
    The Manchester United winger had ice strapped round his ankle and heel after twisting his foot and limping off the pitch.
    Portugal are third in the eight-team group, level on 10 points from five matches with fourth-placed Serbia. Poland are top with 13 points from six matches followed by Finland with 11 from five matches.

© Reuters
  • Spalletti eyes Manchester date

Luciano Spalletti insists he was not disappointed with the draw against Milan, as Roma now focus on Manchester United.

“The lads did what they were supposed to,” he commented at the final whistle of the 1-1 Olimpico draw.

“We passed the ball around quickly and proved that we are in good shape at the moment. Physically we are in top form and that bodes well for the Champions League tie.”

The Giallorossi had dominated the first half and much of the second, but were unable to add to Philippe Mexes’ opener.

“Mexes showed just what a talented and valuable player he is, although of course we knew that already. I don't think anyone was particularly at fault for Alberto Gilardino's goal, as he's very good in the box.”

If Inter beat Parma on Sunday afternoon, the gap at the top of the Serie A table will grow to 20 points.

It does not matter to Spalletti, though, as he is focused on Wednesday’s Champions League quarter-final with Manchester United.

“The team is on form. Now we have to use the next three days separating us from the Manchester date wisely.”

David Pizarro will be suspended for that tie, so there are reports Cristian Chivu could be used as a central midfielder alongside Daniele De Rossi.
    Being a Roma fan is a full-time job. A full-time job without pay, benefits or means to sanity.
  • Sensi: Sir Alex knows nothing

Roma patron Rosella Sensi has told Sir Alex Ferguson that if he doesn’t fear Francesco Totti, “then he doesn’t know much about football.”

Manchester United will face the Giallorossi on Wednesday for the Champions League quarter-finals and the manager insists he is more concerned with Amantino Mancini and Daniele De Rossi than the Serie A Capocannoniere.

“I respect everyone’s opinion, but if Ferguson said these things then he is wrong,” smiled Sensi. “I respect him as an expert in football, but the poor man clearly hasn’t understood Francesco at all.”

Totti did not find the target in last night’s 1-1 draw with Milan, but Roma showed they are in good shape.

“It’s a shame about the result, as the team deserved victory. In any case I compliment the lads because they put in so much effort despite the fact we are so close to a very important game,” she added.

“With a win we would have been almost secure of second place, but that is fine. Now, and only now, we can focus on Manchester. To do so earlier would have been wrong, as the match with Milan deserved the right concentration and the team proved it wanted the points. A victory would’ve been a good confidence booster ahead of Wednesday.”

If Roma get past Manchester United and Milan dispose of Bayern Munich, then the Champions League semi-final would be an all-Italian affair.

“I don’t know, right now we have to think about just getting past this round. If we do get through and our opponents are Milan, then that’s even better.”

Between Serie A and the Coppa Italia this term the two sides have met four times with Roma unbeaten, securing two wins and as many draws.
    Being a Roma fan is a full-time job. A full-time job without pay, benefits or means to sanity.
  • Totti warns Sir Alex

Francesco Totti has stated that he hopes Sir Alex Ferguson will remember his name after the Champions League clash with Manchester United.

The Giallorossi host the Premiership side on Wednesday in the quarter-finals and the manager insisted he was more concerned with Amantino Mancini and Daniele De Rossi than Serie A’s top scorer.

“I accept what Ferguson has said about me and as Luciano Spalletti said we are confident he will see for himself,” the Roma captain told Sky Italia.

“I hope I will make him remember my name. They are planning to ‘cage’ me? My opponents have always tried to do this with me, maybe when I grow up I will work in a zoo, I am used to cages!” added the world champion.

“In any case, I must say that I am not a fan of English football, even if some great players play there. I don’t like their football and I don’t like England either because of the weather.”

Totti is aware that reaching the Champions League quarter-finals represents an important result, but also believes that Roma must not be content with their achievements.

“Being one of the top eight teams in Europe is important, both from a human and a professional point of view, especially seeing as we haven’t reached this point in many years.

“However, we mustn’t stop now. We can obtain even greater satisfaction if we progress,” concluded the Giallorosso.

channel4.com

Ohhh ich liebe ihn so :D
  • Mancini raises Roma ambition

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.uefa.com/multimediafiles/photo/competitions/ucl/508978_mediumsquare.jpg]

So who is the stepover king, Mancini or Cristiano Ronaldo? No guesses where Olympique Lyonnais defender Anthony Réveillère's vote would go. The AS Roma winger mesmerised Réveillère before skipping past the defender to score the goal that sent the French champions crashing out of the UEFA Champions League. Now the Brazilian has the chance to pit his skills against Ronaldo head on as Roma take on Manchester United FC in the quarter-finals.

Extraordinary goal
    "It was my only choice really," said Mancini. "I controlled the ball well, accelerated and went for it. You have to try that kind of thing in a situation like that. I was one-on-one with the defender - it was the perfect move." A simple explanation for a quite extraordinary goal. Then again, followers of Italian football have long expected the unexpected from the 27-year-old Roma winger. Diego Maradona may possess the 'Hand of God', but Mancini made the heel his own after backheeling a goal for Roma against rivals S.S. Lazio in November 2003. 'Tacco di Dio' - the Backheel of God - Giallorossi fans have called him since.

'Toying'
    Italians are no strangers to Mancini's stepovers either. Last season in a game against Udinese Calcio he tormented Valerio Bertotto with a succession of jinks right then left, before nutmegging the bewildered defender. Bertotto responded by hacking him down for a penalty. "For a defender it might look as if he is toying with you, but it's not like that at all," Bertotto said. "It's not a lack of respect. There's only one way to stop him when he dribbles like that: be patient, keep your eyes on the ball and only go in for the tackle when he really touches the ball." Sound advice for United's defenders.

Flamboyant
    "It's a kind of trademark," Mancini, now in his fourth season with Roma, continued. "I'm Brazilian and back home we love that sort of thing. It's inside us really. I gave it a go and it came off and it was an unforgettable goal. You learn to do things like that by playing with your mates in the streets and then practising again and again in training." Work on skills like that is encouraged during training at Roma, who are arguably playing the most spectacular and flamboyant football in Italy at the moment.

'Quality and courage'
    In contrast to Manchester United, though, they lack experience. In 1984 Roma reached the final in their debut season in the European Champion Clubs’ Cup but this is their first taste of the UEFA Champions League knockout rounds. "Manchester United are used to playing for honours and know what it takes to play in the knock-out stages of the Champions League," Mancini said. "It will be hard but the most important thing is Roma aren't afraid of anybody. Don't get me wrong, we respect them, but Roma has its own quality and courage.

'Solidarity'
    "Hopefully they'll make the same mistake Lyon made and underestimate us. We loved that. We proved that when people write us off we can do something about it. We just hope it will happen again. We play for each other with a true sense of solidarity and you can see that on the pitch. We are a strong team." The battle of the stepover kings may provide an interesting subplot, but there is no doubting Mancini would willingly surrender that crown for a place in the semi-finals.[/IMG]

uefa.com
  • Tonetto: Man Utd will play right into Roma hands

Crocked Roma fullback Max Tonetto believes Manchester United will play into their hands if they choose to go for the win in Rome this week.

"If they do that, it can be only an advantage for us. We find the teams which play an open game better than with those that close themselves up and gamble on the result," said Tonetto.

"In fact, this is what happened against Lyon, the French have always played an attacking game. If Manchester United do the same, we will be able to take advantage."

tribalfooball.com
  • Im Bericht bei uefa.com stand auch noch etwas über Taddei:

Magischer Taddei
    Rodrigo Taddei ist ein weiterer brasilianischer Flügelspieler, der die Zuschauer in der laufenden UEFA Champions League-Saison schon begeistert hat. Seinen schönsten Trick zeigte er in der Partie gegen Olympiacos CFP - dabei zog er den Ball mit der rechten Sohle zurück, täuschte links an und ging im gleichen Moment rechts an seinem Gegenspieler vorbei. Diesem Trick gab er sogar einen eigenen Namen. "Ich habe ihn "Aurelio" genannt, nach unserem Co-Trainer Aurelio Andreazzoli. Er hat mich immer wieder ermutigt, diesen Trick auch einmal in einem Pflichtspiel zu zeigen, nicht nur im Training", erklärte Taddei. Für Mancini ist Manchester technisch auf Augenhöhe mit der Roma. "Es ist bekannt, dass der englische Fußball sehr körperbetont ist. Doch in dieser Mannschaft von Manchester United stehen auch technisch starke Spieler wie Cristiano Ronaldo und Rooney sowie sehr erfahrene Akteure wie Giggs. Das sind großartige Individualisten, da müssen wir dagegen halten. Wir müssen leidenschaftlich und entschlossen in diese Partie gehen."

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von asr_1927 ()

• DER KADER MANCHESTERS FÜRS MORGIGE SPIEL

ES FEHLEN

Neville
    Vidic
    Silvestre
    Evra
    Park

DABEI SIND

Tor: van der Sar, Kuszczak, Heaton
    Abwehr: O'Shea, Brown, Ferdinand, Heinze
    Mittelfeld: Ronaldo, Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher, Eagles, Giggs, Richardson
    Sturm: Rooney, Saha, Solskjaer, Smith, Dong.

KAPITÄN NEVILLE FEHLT,
    FLETCHER UND SAHA ÜBERRASCHEND DABEI, ABER NICHT IN GUTER VERFASSUNG

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Philou5 ()

• Roma threat worries Giggs

Manchester United winger Ryan Giggs has admitted that he fears Champions League rivals Roma. “It won’t be an easy tie,” he warned.

The Red Devils travel to the Stadio Olimpico on Wednesday for the first leg of their last eight tie and the veteran is aware of the Giallorossi’s strength.

“They are a team that we have never played in the Champions League, so it’s new territory for us,” said Giggs to Manchester United Radio.

“Obviously they are a good side. Anybody that beats Lyon 2-0 away from home are a force to be reckoned with. We will need to play well and we know that,” continued the player.

“These are the quarter-finals of the Champions League, they are all good teams and it’s going to be difficult.

“However, if we keep playing like we know we can and everyone plays well individually and as a team we will have a great chance.”

Louis Saha and Darren Fletcher were both included in the 19-man party chosen by Sir Alex Ferguson for the visit to Rome. South Korea midfielder Park Ji-Sung was the only unexpected absentee.

Er zittert!
  • erstmal ein hallo von meiner seite!

bin schon lange angemeldet und lese auch immer mit interesse eure beiträge! von nun an möchte auch ich mich hier ein wenig einbinden...

hab gerade das auf orf.at gefunden:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://sport.orf.at/070403-8627/fussballfeld_aufstellungen_roma_o.gif]

was soll man dazu sagen? :D

[Blockierte Grafik: http://sport.orf.at/070403-8627/fussballfeld_aufstellungen_manu_o.gif]

park ist zwar nicht im kader, aber wenn der orf sagt er spielt, dann spielt er :D

das müssen leute am werk sein unglaublich :rolleyes:
  • Aber das mit Chivu könnte stimmen. Ich denke das er neben Daniele spielen wird, aber dann Defensiv. Simone hinter Totti und links/rechts Taddei und Mancini. Bisschen komisch beim ORF.

Achja und Hallo Domo, gut das du dich mit einbinden willst :)
    Willkommen.